Phase two - Waitākere Ranges plan update
This consultation closed on 13 August 2020. Thank you for having your say.
In total we received 159 pieces of feedback, including:
101 submissions through the online survey tool
55 hard copy submissions
Three pieces of social media feedback.
Key feedback themes
- general statements of approval and support for the board
- support for the plan’s environmental aspirations
- we heard much about the loss of recreational opportunities within regional parks due to the closure of the tracks.
- Overall, 35 per cent of submitters felt the plan would help the community recover from the impact of COVID-19, while 33 per cent did not. The remaining submitters were unsure. Submitters were then asked what more could be done to help communities recover. The most common responses focused on the creation/promotion of community initiatives and events, and investment in local services and infrastructure
Changes made as a result of feedback
- A small number of submissions noted a desire to see differing types of environmental actions listed separately. Initiatives in Outcome 3, We work to respect, protect, and restore the environment, have been expanded to include a wider range of environmental actions relevant to this local board area
- We have limited ability as a local board to address issues with regional parks access. However, we have strengthened the language within the document to acknowledge local concerns about impacts on access. The board will consider how recreation is provided for in local parks while protecting our Kauri.
- Building an attractive town square with pedestrian access to the train station remains a major long-term infrastructure project and, at the time of writing, requires additional funding and resource to proceed. Some text within the plan has been updated to reflect the current state.
What happens next
- All consultation is now complete. Your feedback has been used to inform the local board plan.
- The Waitākere Ranges Local Board adopted their Local Board Plan on 12 November 2020 and it will be available online from end November.
If you have any questions related to this project, email us.
Consultation has concluded