Phase one - Puketāpapa plan update
Thank you to everyone who shared ideas, insights and gave feedback on what the Puketāpapa Local Board should include in their next three-year plan. It has been great to hear from you and see your creative ideas and passion for your communities and neighbourhoods.
Who we heard from
We held several events and drop-in sessions where we heard from a cross section of the community from young people to seniors. We heard many of your views face to face at our community forums, we heard from the Puketāpapa Youth Board, and we surveyed Puketāpapa Local Board residents through the Auckland People’s Panel and our online ideas hub.
What you said
Here are some of the key themes we heard from the feedback we received:
- You'd like to see more spaces and opportunities for gathering our diverse communities together.
- You'd like to see easier, more accessible ways for our communities to get to know and get involved in what the local board does.
- You're passionate about tree planting and waste accountability, keeping our beaches and walkways clean and healthy.
- You’d like to see public spaces, connections and a healthy environment prioritised amidst rapid development.
- You support improving road safety and encouraging walking and cycling.
- You want more local volunteering opportunities for young people to gain work experience.
What happens next?
All 21 of Auckland’s Local Boards are developing their new 2020-2023 Local Board Plans based on what we heard from you and other inputs such as the Auckland Plan, Long Term Plan, and Annual Budget. Given the extraordinary circumstances we now face amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to hear from you—more than ever—to help make sure our draft Plan will support the communities of Puketāpapa to thrive.
The next phase of this consultation will be in July when we come back to you with an opportunity to have your say on the draft Puketāpapa Local Board Plan. We will be back in touch when phase two opens.
Consultation has concluded