Phase Two - Project Update
This consultation closed on 13 August 2020. Thank you for having your say.
We received 432 pieces of feedback.
These came from:
- our online form
- our hardcopy survey
- email submissions and letters
- social media channels.
We also held a webinar and Have your say events.
Key feedback themes
- In general, there was strong support for the plan with 79% of people saying the plan reflected the community’s needs and aspirations.
- strong support for improving the environment – water quality, ecology, pest eradication and the Pourewa Valley initiative.
- the focus of the plan was appropriately balanced between community facilities, parks & reserves, the environment and the range of transport modes.
- concern about the dominance of football on Madills Farm Reserve (nearly a quarter of submissions).
- recognition and appreciation for parks and sense of community since COVID-19.
- general support for sport and recreation and on-going upgrade to facilities.
What happens next
We adopted the Ōrākei Local Board Plan 2020 on 5 November 2020. You can view a copy of the final plan on our website.
If you have any questions related to this project, email us.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
Consultation has concluded