Phase Two - Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Project Update
Thanks for your feedback on the draft Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Local Board Plan.
We received 375 pieces of feedback, including:
- 38 submissions through the online survey tool
- 335 submissions via hard copy forms (around 150 of which were from a community engagement partner) and emails
- Two other pieces of social media feedback.
Have Your Say:
- two webinars which were skype enabled engagement events were held on 23rd July and 6th August
- Face-to-face (spoken interaction) was held on the 22nd July at Mangere Bridge War Memorial Hall.
The following community partners used various engagement tools and avenues to gather input into the draft plan:
- Bluespur Consulting Ltd
- Te Ora O Manukau
Public feedback on the draft plan was positive. Overall, 87% responded positively to the direction of the plan, while just 3% responded negatively. A further 11% were unsure
Adopting the Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Local Board Plan 2020-2023
The final Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Local Board Plan 2020-2023 was adopted at our October business meeting. The agenda and minutes from the business meeting are available here and you can view a copy of the plan online.
We have attached an interim copy of the plan.
The final plan, including formatting and photographs, will be uploaded to the Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Local Board webpage on the Auckland Council website early next year.
The six plan outcomes are:
- A confident and sustainable local economy
- We are building well connected, engaged and active communities
- Protecting our environment and heritage for future generations
- Celebrating our unique Tangata Whenua and Pasifika identities
- Our children and young people grow and succeed
- We thrive and belong in safe, healthy communities
One of our roles is to advocate on behalf of the local community, and to do that we need your support when we ask the Governing Body (Councillors) to respond to issues Māngere-Ōtāhuhu communities.
You’re welcome to register for local updates, including a reminder to have your say on the 10-year budget (Long Term Plan), where we’ll be advocating on behalf of Māngere-Ōtāhuhu for:
- Māngere East Precinct: A priority focus and initiatives to enhance this centre as a thriving, liveable community (key advocacy project)
- To reconsider and investigate heavy and light rapid rail integration for central city (CBD) to airport
- Waste management and our environment
Ongoing advocacy issues
- Develop a Māngere-Ōtāhuhu tourism trail
- Boarding houses and high-quality neighbourhoods
- Fund the Ōtāhuhu Portage route project
- Alcohol harm minimisation initiatives: supporting community voice and empowerment
- Reinstate the local board transport capital fund
You can help by supporting our advocacy items in your feedback from 22 February to 22 March next year.
Consultation has concluded