Phase Two - Henderson-Massey Project Update
This consultation closed on 13 August 2020. Thank you for having your say.
We received 189 pieces of feedback.
These came from:
- our online form
- our hardcopy survey
- social media channels.
- face-to-face meetings with our community
Key feedback themes
- The majority (72%) were supportive of the plan, its direction and themes.
- Just over half felt the plan would help the community recover from the impact of COVID-19
- Residents wanted to celebrate diversity, improve community safety, maintain community facilities and services, enhance public and active transport, protect our environment and heritage and support local arts, culture and events.
Changes made as a result of feedback
- Community safety was important and was not explicitly referred to in the plan, so we added information about our existing range of safety initiatives.
- Access to heritage was not sufficiently covered so we added an initiative in Outcome 1: “Explore opportunities to highlight and provide access to sites of heritage value, both natural and built.”
- Sport was not overtly referred to in the plan, despite it being crucial to how our community uses many parks and facilities, so we added sport in places where active recreation and open space was mentioned.
What happens next
- All consultation is now complete. Your feedback has been used to inform the local board plan.
- The Henderson-Massey Local Board adopted their Local Board Plan on 10 November 2020 and is available to view online.
If you have any questions related to this project, email us.