Phase Two - Devonport-Takapuna Local Board Plan Update
Thanks for your feedback on the draft Devonport-Takapuna Local Board Plan.
We received 297 submissions, including 60 online submissions, 226 hard copy forms and emails, and 3 pieces of social media feedback. We also received 8 pieces of feedback on our plan at a Have Your Say hearing-style event on August 4th. These provided valuable insights from individuals and groups across our area.
Adopting the Devonport-Takapuna Local Board Plan 2020-2023
The final Devonport-Takapuna Local Board Plan 2020-2023 was adopted at our November 3rd business meeting. The agenda, minutes, and text for the plan are on akhaveyoursay. The final plan, including formatting and photographs, will be uploaded to the Devonport-Takapuna Local Board page on the Auckland Council website early next year.
The six plan outcomes are:
- Environment and heritage
- Parks, facilities, and open spaces
- Community participation and wellbeing
- Transport and access
- Opportunity, prosperity, and growth
- Māori values Ngā tikanga a te Māori
What’s next: Auckland Council’s 10-year budget
As well as helping us develop our local board plan for the next three years, and the work programmes to deliver on it, your feedback also helps us to advocate to the Governing Body on issues facing Devonport-Takapuna.
You’re welcome to register to have your say on the 10-year budget (Long Term Plan), where we’ll be advocating on behalf of Devonport-Takapuna for:
- support initiatives like the Wairau Estuary Restoration programme that protect and enhance our natural environment
- ensure our parks and facilities meet the needs of our diverse and growing population. The delivery of the new toilet and changing facility on Takapuna Beach will further enhance this popular spot
- fund initiatives that help our communities connect and feel safe
- work with sport organisations to ensure everyone can get active, stay fit and play organised sport whatever their age or ability
- provide safe walking and cycling paths
- support and fund events that encourage people to come to our town centres and take advantage of all they have to offer
- look for opportunities to develop relationships with iwi in our area.
You can help support our advocacy items by having your say on the 10-year budget (Long Term Plan) from 22 February to 22 March next year.
Aidan Bennett, Chair
Devonport-Takapuna Local Board
If you have any questions related to this project, email us.
Consultation has concluded