Phase two - Albert-Eden Local Board Plan Update
This consultation closed on 13 August 2020. Thank you for having your say.
We received 305 submissions, providing valuable insights from individuals and groups across our area.
Adopting the Albert-Eden Local Board Plan 2020-2023
The final Albert-Eden Local Board Plan 2020-2023 was adopted at our 10 November 2020 business meeting. We have attached an interim copy of the plan. The final plan, including formatting and photographs, will be uploaded to the Albert-Eden Local Board page on the Auckland Council website early next year.
The six plan outcomes are:
- Resilient, connected and empowered communities who value diversity
- Neighbourhoods that reflect and value our heritage and unique identity now and into the future
- High-quality natural environments and sustainable lifestyles
- A strong local economy with thriving town centres
- Parks and community facilities meet a wide range of needs
- Safe, easy and sustainable options for moving around.
Our response to community feedback
We received a lot of positive feedback from the community on our draft plan, particularly the focus on the community and on the environment and sustainability. We were pleased to hear we were on the right track, and it shows how valuable it is to get community input early on in the process.
In response to submissions we have:
- incorporated feedback we received from children and young people to reflect what is important to them.
- added a section about how our facilities are accessible to all and provide relevant programmes for our diverse community.
- strengthened the narrative and objectives to address concerns around the effects of intensification and implementation of the Auckland Unitary Plan.
- added new initiatives for advocacy topics that are important to you (e.g. retaining a pool in our area).
In addition, we received lots of ideas for projects we could fund or that we could advocate for when we speak to the Governing Body or Auckland Transport. As the local board plan is a strategic, direction setting document we have collated these ideas and will refer to them in future when we plan our projects or speak to other parts of council.
What’s next: Auckland Council’s 10-year budget
As well as helping us develop our local board plan for the next three years, and the work programmes to deliver on it, your feedback also helps us to advocate to the Governing Body on issues facing Albert-Eden.
You’re welcome to register to have your say on the 10-year budget (Long Term Plan), where we’ll be advocating on behalf of Albert-Eden for:
- funding to upgrade our sportsfields to address the current and future shortfall in sports capacity. We need an increase in playing and competition hours for the growing numbers of sports teams.
- funding to realign the Chamberlain Park 18-hole golf course, to develop a new park, walking and cycling connections and stream restoration.
- continuing provision of aquatic facilities in the Mt Albert area.
- a civic square to be funded at 915-919 New North Rd, Mt Albert, to provide a focal point for the town centre and connection to the train station.
You can help support our advocacy items by having your say on the 10-year budget (Long Term Plan) from 22 February to 22 March next year.
Albert-Eden Local Board Chair
Consultation has concluded